Cranford resident Bobbi Dee Anderson speaks out about the proposed development at Birchwood Ave:
Did you know… that even though there are no highly publicized elections happening in NJ this year, this is a pivotal election year for our town. While we are still recovering from the devastation brought on by Irene, we are faced with different, but similarly threatening crisis. Many people have heard about the issue surrounding the Birchwood Development but don’t realize exactly what it is.
Here’s the scoop:
The property owner/developer at Birchwood went to court and received a judgement allowing him to erect at 360 UNIT RENTAL APARTMENT COMPLEX on Birchwood Avenue (across from the Conservation Center). Not only will this compound our already dire flooding issues, a project of this magnitude will add about 4% to our town’s population. That means more kids in our overcrowded schools and more people using the town’s services. Will your taxes be lowered by allowing this development to happen? Absolutely not… these are rental units which has the potential transient, non tax paying citizens. The only thing that will be lowered are the level of services you receive for your tax dollars and the value of your property. What can you do about it? Here’s how you can help save “Your Hometown” from this development.
1. VOTE in the election on November 8th. If you’ll be away for Teacher’s Convention, use the attached form to enter a write-in ballot.
2. SIGN every petition you see against the Birchwood Development.
3. WRITE a note to our assembymen, congressmen and Governor Christie (I’ve attached links to their web sites).
4. CALL Governor Christie’s office (609-292-6000). It takes two minutes to talk to an aide and tell them you are calling to oppose the Birchwood Development project in Cranford.
5. TALK to your friends and neighbors about this wherever you go… help us educate others about this threat. Whether it’s outside school,at the soccer field, at the football game, at social events… anywhere you go, let your voice be heard. The only way to stop this is to stand up and fight.
If we want to save the things we love about OUR HOMETOWN, we need to make a change. We need leaders who are willing to everything in their power to fight for what’s right for Cranford. We need change in our Township Committee and we need your help! VOTE ON NOVEMBER 8th AND VOTE FOR THE LEADERS WHO WILL FIGHT! VOTE FOR LISA ADUBATO-NESI and ANDY KALINIS Here are the links to the web sites. Please write to your elected officials and let them know that we are against this development. It only takes a few minutes to send an email and make a difference!
US Congressman Leonard Lance: http://lance.house.gov/index.cfmsectionid=3§iontree=3
NJ State Senator Thomas Kean:
NJ Assemblyman Jon Bramnick:
NJ Assemblywoman Nancy Munoz:
Governor Chris Christie: